It may be some time since I last blogged. Ok, make that since August.
The last time I wrote something for up here I was just about to go to Brazil for a couple of weeks. In that time, what with the heat, the samba, the caipirinhas and the good times, I clean forgot all about blogging. There’s been a lot going on – work and Guides have been busy, I’ve been spending a lot of time with my boyfriend and just before Christmas we decided to move in together. That’s brilliant and I can’t wait, but it means I’ve been more concerned with Ikea (and their sweet, sweet meatballs) than blogging.
I’ve still been making stuff though. I just haven’t had the time or inclination to set my fingers to typing. There’ll be more on the stuff I’ve made in 2013 in another post, but here’s the plan for Stuff Jo Has Made for the foreseeable future.
- Try and blog once a week, even if it’s just to post a picture of my dinner
- Make progress on the list of Stuff I Want to Make
- Try to complete one sewing project a month (excluding January – in between assembling flat pack furniture and finding places to put my things in Chris’ flat, I think sewing something at this stage may be a bit ambitious).
- No buying any more wool until my stash has been exhausted. This basically means I’ll need to actually complete my crocheted hexagon blanket this year. It’s only been sitting there, unloved, for the best part of 18 months.
- Learn to knit something other than a scarf. Something with a shape. That I can actually wear!
So there we have it. Call it a list of late New Year’s resolutions if you like. Now let’s see if I keep them.