Last week I found out I had been nominated for a Versatile Blogger award by the lovely Hannah over at Hannah Moitt Makes. The rules are that you thank the person that nominated you (thank you Hannah and good luck with your Masters application!), reveal seven things about yourself and then nominate 15 other versatile bloggers to do the same. Now, I kinda feel that it’s all a bit like a chain letter, so I won’t be doing any nominating, but I am more than happy to share. So here are seven things about me.
- I don’t really drink hot drinks, but I do prefer my orange juice out of a mug. A few weeks ago I broke my Shaun the Sheep mug which I had had for about 20 years and was my favourite mug for orange juice. I was devastated.
- Chris, my boyfriend, thinks I am addicted to Candy Crush, but I’m not. I can stop whenever I want. Honest…?
- The well-dressed man sitting opposite me on the train as I write this just spilt rosé all over the table (including under my computer) and didn’t even notice. I have my suspicions that this is not his first drink of the day, or even his second. Either way I am not impressed.
- Jarvis Cocker once served me at HMV. It was a personal appearance, so it wasn’t like it was a random meeting, but he sold me his latest album and we had a pleasant but brief chat. He hadn’t quite got the hang of the till just yet.
- Speaking of photos, I’d like to be better at photographing my projects. I note Tilly’s post with interest but getting better backdrops might be a bit difficult since I can’t think of a single wall in our flat that doesn’t have something on it. I might move on to shots outside. Fine in the summer, but I don’t think either me or Chris are going to be too enamoured with going out into the garden in the dead of winter to take pictures of my latest t-shirt.
- I think I really do love sewing and I’m so pleased with the progress that I’ve made over the last six months or so, but I still can’t get my head round zips. And that really, really, pisses me off.
- My must-sew list is way too long. But I won’t get rid of anything – more likely add to it.
There you go. Seven things about me!