It’s been a while since I last posted – work is well and truly the culprit – and I have some posts lined up over the next week or so, but I had to take some time from my day to share this.
My lovely colleague Dave had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction this morning. Around 10 am on a trip to the canteen, he bent down to pick something up from the floor and heard an unfortunate ripping sound. Turns out the inside leg seam had ripped from the knee up to the crotch! Luckily he saw the funny side and managed to style it out until lunchtime, but he’s just admitted defeat and gone home to get changed. That’s a full three and a half hours of ribbing from me and my colleagues. Sewing puns abounded! Here are some of the best.
- You could start a trend but I don’t think people would cotton on!
- We should post it on the intranet and start a thread!
- When it happened, did you let out a deep thigh?!
- Oh dear Dave, seams like you’ve had a bit of an accident. That must be sew embarrassing.
- On asking if I wanted something sorted today: Well Dave, I don’t want to needle you!
Now he’s got to get on the Tube with nothing to cover it up! Eek!